Prior to Admission:
Any required documentation and admission paperwork will be completed prior to your stay at the facility. Your benefits and coverage will be explained and any questions you might have will be answered, along with any questions you may have during your stay.
Documents to Provide:
- Current medical insurance cards and Medicare/Medicaid cards
- Medicare Part D (Pharmacy) coverage card
- Driver’s License or photo ID card
- Social Security card
- Any and all Advanced Directives
- Texas Out of Hospital Do Not Resuscitate paperwork, if applicable
- Power of Attorney documents (medical, financial, or durable)
- Guardianship paperwork, if applicable
Personal Clothing and Other Items for Your Stay:
- Easily removed or loose-fitting clothing, such as elastic was it bands and pull over tops
- Non-skid shoes that give support for therapy
- Favorite toiletry items in non-aerosol cans or sprays.
- Items to make you feel at home – family photos, your favorite blanket, books or magazines, etc.
What to Leave at Home:
- Large amounts of money
- All cooking electronics
- heating blankets
- air fresheners
- Over the Counter medications
- Basic cable service (check with the facility for television availability)
- Salon Services (check with the facility for salon prices)
- Daily Activities (calendar provided in each room)
- Daily Housekeeping
- Maintenance services
- Nutrition support with a Registered Dietician
- Resident Trust Fund
- Social Services
- Transportation for follow-up appointments (fee may apply)
- We comply with all CDC, CMS, & HHSC guidelines regarding visitation during the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact the facility for specific information regarding visitation.
Continuity of Care:
- The hospital physician will provide your medication and treatment regimen and orders at the time of your discharge from the hospital. This will be followed upon your arrival to our facility.
- Once you arrive, our interdisciplinary team will meet with you to discuss care goals, needs and preferences during your stay. You are an important part of your care.
Our Interdisciplinary Team:
- We have a list of qualified attending physicians and nurse practitioners
- Consulting specialty physicians: Pulmonologist, Wound Care Surgeon, & Infectious Disease
- If during your stay you need the following, we also provide podiatry, dentistry, audiology, and optometry. Please notify social services if you need one of these services.
- Licensed Nursing staff 24/7
- 7 day a week respiratory therapist
- 7 day a week certified wound care nurse
- Certified Nursing Assistants 24/7
- Physical Therapist and Physical Therapy Assistants
- Occupational Therapist and Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech Language Pathologist